£37,000 – £42,000
Highfield Professional Solutions are currently representing a market leading Water Consultancy, who are looking for a Degree Qualified, experienced Process Engineer to join their team in Edinburgh.
- Technical expertise in process engineering design and operation within water industry and power generation sectors (including Energy from Waste, wind, gas fired generation).
- Experience in asset surveys, feasibility, outline and detailed design, construction support and commissioning of process assets and equipment
- Responsible for supporting the Project Technical Lead and Project Manager to ensure the successful delivery of robustly defined technical solutions
- Undertake strategic studies, feasibility, scoping and design activities on projects within the required timescales and within agreed design budgets
- Undertake production of technical reports, calculations, development of design and construction drawings and specifications in compliance with relevant industry standards. Ensure all solutions are safe to build, operate and maintain
- Preparation of the Business Case Reports clearly defining the project proposals for submission for governance approval
- Provide technical design support during procurement, installation and commissioning of the selected solution
- Undertake quality management and audits throughout the project lifecycle – design, construction, commissioning
- Work closely with all parties in the project team to ensure the right solution is delivered
- Communicate and quantify any residual risks associated with the preferred solution
- Work collaboratively with Client, Project and Contractor Teams to deliver integrated design solutions
- Investigate and apply innovative approaches that will improve the way we work and drive efficiency
- Maintain up to date technical knowledge of survey, design, drafting, project and contract management standards and techniques
- Liaise with clients and ensure that programmes and projects are managed effectively to ensure delivery in a manner which meets quality, time and budget specifications
- Maintain communication and develop ongoing relationships with clients, stakeholders and customers as required
- Undertake appropriate research of existing assets and investigation and design modifications / improvements
- Provide leadership and co-ordination of the Process Engineering Team locally to support the Regional and Technical Discipline Lead
- Undertake the design activities using appropriate software and applying relevant design standards
- Using appropriate software to provide advice, solutions and successful project outcomes for clients
- Complete all work in line with Core Values and in accordance with Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures.
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Chemical Engineering or other relevant subject
- Professionally qualified or working towards, and member of a relevant engineering institution e.g. CEng / IEng IChemE
- Experience in design, construction, commissioning and operation of process plant and equipment
- Experience in the water industry, power generation and Energy from Waste Sectors
- Experience in the development and implementation of quality management systems, and in quality auditing during design, construction and commissioning. Site based experience is essential.
- Experience of managing the interface of parties within EPC arrangements.
- Knowledge and experience of root cause analysis and problem solving.
- Knowledge of DSEAR assessment, SIL analysis and HAZOPs
- Computer literate with a good understanding of appropriate software packages
- Knowledge and skills in the in the planning and delivery of projects to progress outcomes to schedule, budget and quality
- Possess sound knowledge of current legislation and able to work in accordance with QA and H&S procedures.
- Able to integrate well into a team as well as work independently
- Experienced level of decision making and ability to prioritise and manage conflicting demands
- Strong communication skills at all levels with the client, suppliers, contractors and design team – both written and oral
- Excellent organisational skills and able to multi-task
- Must be able to plan and prioritise work load effectively
- Excellent client service focus
- Flexible approach to work
If this role is of interest please call Adam on 01489 774010 or email your CV