Highfield Professional Solutions have the pleasure of representing a successful, award-winning multi-disciplinary design company based in Northwood, Middlesex.
The business focuses on 7 key revenue streams:
- Complete Architects service as a RIBA Chartered Architects practice
- An Interior Architecture design consultancy offering advice & detailed product specifications to high-end residential (private / show home) and developer clients
- Complete Interior Design service to discerning private clients and developers
- Comprehensive Show home design and installation
- A dedicated Furniture, Lighting and Interior Design showroom
- A dedicated Tiling Studio offering a vast selection of unique tiles
- A full Design and Build Service
An opportunity has arisen for a Project Architect to work at their Studio in Northwood as part of a fun, successful and dynamic Architects’ team. My client is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced candidate with at least 5 years’ post qualification experience in the UK of high-end residential and refurbishment of existing residential buildings.
Role: Project Architect
Location: Northwood, Middlesex
Salary: £40,000 – £45,000 subject to experience
Software: AutoCAD and Revit
Requirement: Driving License & use of own car
To support the Director of Architecture and the team on private residential and developer client projects. You will be experienced in concept design, planning, tender information drawings, construction detailing and contract administration to include on site liaison. From the planning stage through the detailed design stages and to completion on some projects; all in accordance with the client’s brief and within the time scales given.
The Project Architect will help deliver projects across an exciting and diverse range of work.
As the position will be of key importance within the practice, the successful candidate will need to demonstrate the ability to effectively plan and organise the workload and produce production information to comprise Building Regulations and tender drawing packages in a timely manner.
Good communication skills are a must and coupled with sounds technical knowledge of the construction processes.
- To work on high-end residential projects working directly under and by the side of the Director.
- Leading on projects and helping the team deliver a diverse portfolio of projects across all RIBA work stages
- Work and assist on multiple projects at one time.
- Thinking creatively to contribute/produce new ideas for projects alongside the team
- Undertake client appointments and site visits
- Ability to produce detailed architectural designs in AutoCAD and Revit that include:
Planning drawings / General arrangement drawings / Site plans / Elevations / Technical construction detailing / Sections
- UK qualified with at least 5 years UK experience with sound knowledge of planning applications and drafting working drawing packages to comprise detailing drawings for building regulations, planning, tender and construction purposes.
- RIBA Part 3 qualified & ARB Registered
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience as a Project Architect / Design Manager, who has working in bespoke design, residential & refurbishment for high-end domestic projects in the UK
- IT literate, proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook
- Proficient in using Revit and AutoCAD is essential
- Knowledge of Photoshop and Google Sketch Up would be an advantage
- Numerate, able to make accurate calculations with attention to detail
- Well-presented and personable, with excellent communication and organisational skills
- Team-spirited with a bright & confident personality
- Able to work on own initiative, multi task and to juggle a changing workload
- Resilient to cope with conflicting demands, able to prioritise duties, work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines
- Use of own car & live within a 15-mile radius of Northwood
Salary & Benefits
- Salary subject to experience: c£40,000 – c£45,000 per annum
- Staff discount scheme
- Company Pension scheme
- 4 weeks paid holiday plus all public holidays
For more information on this role or to apply, please contact Sonya Hoey on 01489 774010 or email