Project Engineer, Thames Valley
£48,000 – £52,000
Water Experience Essential
Highfield Professional Solutions are seeking an experienced Project Manager / Engineer to deliver multiple engineering projects from the initial scoping of the need, through to commission/setting to work and handing back the completed project to the client.
As a Project Manager / Engineer you will be accountable for –
- Managing and delivering a portfolio of mechanical, electrical and instrumentation projects with a value of up to £5 million per annum.
- Working with our client and their contractors to scope, define and cost a solution that is both cost-effective and with minimal risk to the business.
- Promote our zero compromise attitudes to health and safety, striving for continuous improvement at all times.
- Comply with Health and Safety requirements, ensuring that all projects designed to comply with Construction Design and Management Regulations (CDM).
- Work collaboratively with delivery partners/contractors to ensure that schemes deliver on time.
- Drafting, vetting and approving pre-construction information, project plans, construction phase H&S plans (CPP) and commissioning plans.
- Overseeing the commissioning and hand over of the project to the operational client.
- Ensuring appropriate training has been completed and that completion documents are available and handed over including test certificate and constructed drawings.
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience in the delivery, design and estimating of engineering projects is critical, as is an awareness of Health and Safety issues with particular reference to construction works including CDM.
- You will have gained experience within a commercial and technical role and will have a minimum of a BTEC/HND in mechanical or electrical engineering. Additionally, you will have the ability to work with minimum supervision, under your own initiative to deliver specified outputs.
- We are seeking an experienced project engineer, having managed high-value projects from start to finish. You will be confident procuring qualified contractors and must be articulate, numerical and commercially minded. If you have experience in the waste or water industry, this would be highly advantageous.
For more information or to apply for this position please contact Tom Mlinar on 01489 774010 or send your cv For more information or to apply for this position please contact Tom Mlinar on 01489 774010 or send your cv