Location: Based at Imphal Barracks but also covering work across the Yorkshire region including Normandy Barracks, Leconfield.
Duration: Until the end of March 2018.
Background: The MoD estate is predominantly buildings, the PM would therefore need a property background ideally with an M&E bias. The projects to be managed are at various stages of development, from early scoping to tendering but predominantly they are in or are approaching the construction phase. The PM would therefore need a construction management background, or significant experience, as opposed to a design management background.
Projects: vary in scale and value from £5,000 – >£500,000. Projects include the replacement of a heating system in a hangar, a site wide asbestos survey, the installation of a fire detection system, the installation of emergency generators, the replacement of district heating main pipework, the replacement of boilers and heating systems and a high number of low value projects to remove asbestos + many other low value projects.
- Scoping of requirement with client, customer and local Amey resources
- Identification and management of hazards in accordance with CDM; including being appointed Principal Contractor and Principal Designer
- Production of Pre Construction Information
- Procurement of supply chain in accordance with NGEC contract
- Production of Construction Phase Plan with ongoing review and approval of RAMS throughout construction
- Management of temporary works and permits to work as required by Amey policies
- Day to day management of supply chain to ensure work is completed safely, to both programme and quality
- Engagement with client, customer and building custodians / end-users
- Completion of H&S inspections in accordance with Amey policies
- Completion of snagging and project handover#
For more information or to apply please contact Kirsty on 01489 774 010 or send through your cv.