Project Planner – Rail
My client are currently recruiting for a Project Planner to provide quality planning support to Project Managers, delivery teams and resource managers including comprehensive workload forecasts to Directors. The team manages a portfolio of around 100 live projects at any one time. The planning team consists of 12 plus individuals with various levels of knowledge understanding and ability. A close team with a strong ethos of working together to deliver project and business requirements.
Tasks will include;
- The preparation and development of effective project planning schedules and project controls using Primavera P6 and associated planning software
- The preparation, development and maintenance of effective project reporting tools following established company processes and best practice.
- Supporting Project Managers and Project Engineers in the delivery of projects to schedule by providing comprehensive information utilising a range of planning and reporting tools and techniques
- Through effective communication assist the project team and the business with managing project and business performance and take necessary corrective action to ensure contractual commitments made are met and delivered on time and to budget
- Develop and maintain client relationships in order to obtain steady growth of planning services supplied directly to external clients
- Work with existing planning team members to share knowledge and experience
- Any other reasonable duties as required
- Self-motivated team player. Able to work with the minimum of supervision. Pro-active problem solving
- Computer literate – specifically, Excel, Lotus notes, Microsoft Office packages
- Experience of working within a client focused team would be advantageous
- Interest or qualification in engineering would be advantageous
- Minimum of 4 years planning experience with at least 2 years in rail design.
- Awareness of Engineering principles and standards, ideally in rail or civil engineering
- Awareness of Safety standards
- Excellence in planning systems and software
- Good commercial awareness including programming and delivery to Budget/ timescales.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of Primavera P6 software
- Experience in creating, maintaining and delivering large multidisciplinary schedules
- Comprehensive knowledge of EVM and performance reporting through the use of performance indicators (CPI/SPI)
- Experience of working in a team environment, willing to be proactive in sharing best practice and experience in supporting the successful delivery of project planning services
If you would be interested in this opportunity, please email your CV or call me on 01489 774010 for more detail