Job Title: Project Quantity Surveyor
I am currently recruiting for London’s leading mixed-use developer. My client is committed to delivering high quality residences and boasts a portfolio of prestigious addresses. They are looking for a Project Quantity Surveyor to join their commercial team on high-rise tower project.
Typical duties required:
- Assist estimator in preparation of a Commencement Budget and to advise on known and perceived risk factors to the project.
- Liaison with the technical team and consultants so as to provide continuous value engineering of design concepts and proposals
- Monitoring changes so as to continuously identify the status of costs.
- Reviewing and ensuring cost control procedures are implemented and adhered to by the project team.
- To establish subcontract sources early in the programme so that they can contribute to the design in terms of value engineering.
- Ensure procurement of all subcontract elements of the development are completed in accordance with the company requirements, H&S and sustainability objectives.
- Liaise with the Material Buyers to enable them to prepare detailed schedules of directly purchased materials in liaison with the development team.
- Develop robust and inclusive definitions of the scope of the works in conjunction with the project team.
- Maintain cost reporting systems in line with Company procedures.
- Manage Subcontract packages.
- Monthly Subcontract payments.
- Complete Subcontract Final Account promptly at the earliest opportunity.
- Deal with Subcontractor disputes swiftly and diligently.
- To ensure the health and safety and insurance status of contractors is up to date.
- Fit out and façade project experience
- Package management experience
- Motivated with a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Good organisational skills
- Professional approach and high level of discretion.
- Team player, willing to learn and get involved with a wide range of tasks, including support role to other members of the team
- Ability to work on own initiative and generate solutions.
- Highly IT literate, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Basic Salary: £50k – £55k.
- Health Care
- Travel allowance
- Potential for discretionary performance related bonus after first 12 months.
To apply or for further information please contact Kathleen Lyons – 01489 774010 –
*** Please get in touch to recommend anyone who may be interested in this position. We pay £250 for any successful referrals.***