Job Title: Project Quantity Surveyor
I am currently recruiting for one of the largest and most successful privately owned construction groups in the UK. Having secured projects with a value of almost £3 billion, this contractor undertakes work within the residential, commercial, distribution, education, health, industrial, leisure, mixed use and retail sectors.
Due to continued growth, they are looking for a Project Quantity Surveyor to join a new-build Education project.
Typical duties will include:
- Experience of pre-start reviewing design, contract and cost plan allowances
- Attend design team meetings
- Attend and contribute to regular client project meetings
- Experience of preparing Bill of Quantities from drawings and specification from groundwork to finishes
- Preparing and submitting tender packages
- Compiling of sub-contract orders
- Carrying out site measures and valuations against subcontractor applications, including issues of payment and withholding notices.
- Preparation of client applications and variation accounts
- Preparation and maintenance of procurement schedule and warranty tracker
- BSc (Hons) in Quantity Surveying (preferred)
- Experience of working on large projects for the education and commercial sectors
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisation skills.
- Confident in problem solving, decision making and able to work under pressure.
- A pro-active team player.
- The knowledge and confidence to manage, mentor and support more junior members of the team.
- Skilled in gathering information and report writing.
- Competitive Salary
- Company Car or Car Allowance
- 25 days holiday per year
- Membership of group personal pension scheme
To apply or for further information please contact Kathleen Lyons – 01489 774010 –
*** Please get in touch to recommend anyone who may be interested in this position. We pay £250 for any successful referrals.***