Central London, Whitehall
£40,000 – £44,500
We are currently recruiting for a Project Supervisor for our client in London.
The role will involve the delivery of individual or multiple building services related to new works within allocated budgets and defined programmes.
- Undertaking scoping activities with the customer to ensure the requirement is fully defined
- Developing design proposals and specifications alongside the customer, design consultants (where employed separately) and the site Assurance team
- Ensuring that all proposed designs/work activities complies with customer’s procedures and site standards
- Obtaining quotes/formal tenders for resources and sub-contracted works in line with Procurement Policy and Contract requirements
- Manage quotation submission to client and gain approvals / purchase orders
- Develop, Publish and Maintain project plans throughout the life cycle of each project obtaining stakeholder agreements as required
- Prepare budget costs and ongoing budgetary control
- Assist the project manager to appoint and manage consultants and other specialist contractors
- Support the project manager to co-ordinate the procurement and resource planning within the requirements of the contract needs
- Conduct pre-start meetings and regular progress meetings at intervals agreed with the customer (normally weekly) and maintain records of those meetings
- Ensure all RAMS are suitable and sufficient whether work is subcontracted or delivered by an in house team and are in place and adhered to
- Supervise both internal resource and sub-contractors ensuring projects are delivered in accordance with the requirement on time, to cost and quality.
- Ensuring that all work is undertaken and completed in accordance with the customer’s Procedures and in accordance with their Site Standards.
- Ensure appropriate record keeping in maintained and available for customer audits
- Ensure that all quality control systems and procedures are implemented and maintained
- Ensure all works are managed in accordance with standard operating procedures and Health and Safety regulations
- Ensure compliance with Construction Design and Management Regulations and undertake the responsibilities of Principal Contractor.
- To ensure daily and ad-hoc housekeeping checks are completed on each project you are assigned ensuring all the areas are in a safe condition and is hazard free
- Arrange access to the site ensuring compliance with the customer and stakeholder access control requirements.
- Monitor and report project process and manage project risks to successful completion
- For works in excess of 30 days, submission of updated drawings, documentation and certification every 30 days
- Ensure that implementation is conducted in accordance with the approved proposal and agreed plans.
- Manage work through to effective completion and ensure that all invoicing is accurately completed on time and compliant with customer requirements
- On completion of the work:
- Co-ordinating inspection of the work by the Customer, Assurance Contractor and other stakeholders, to ensure satisfactory completion and declaration of IOC.
- Co-ordinate the completion of any follow-up work/activity identified and agreed as part of the Initial Operational Completion inspection.
- Submit of all associated drawings, documentation and certification to the Assurance Contractor to assess completed changes within 10 working days of their physical completion.
- Obtaining a certification of completion from the customer, on completion of the work.
- Respond to requests made via the Helpdesk
- Liaise with all stakeholders, plan and coordinate out of hours work by direct teams and sub-contractors arranging permits as required.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with clients, colleagues, subcontractors and suppliers
- Submission of all Lessons Identified (LI) into the LI Log.
- Must be willing to undertake company standard internal training workshops and work to Good Industry Practice
- Deputise for the Project Manager
- Be willing to act as Authorised Person as appropriate to technical qualifications held.
Due to the nature of the contract the successful candidate must be a British National for nature of job. Must have lived consecutively in the UK for 10 years for clearance.