Salary on Application
Are you a Proposal Engineer working with the Water or Process industries? Highfield Professional are working with a leading manufacturer of Water Treatment Equipment in the UK. Due to a number of Project Wins they are looking to expand and are seeking a Proposal Engineer to join there expanding workforce. Based from Farnborough, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing all aspects of client liaison and design, including the preparation of quotations for a wide range of contract values. This may involve site inspections and meetings where required to deliver the most balanced commercially advantageous and
reliable solution, you will also be responsible for providing designs & quotations which achieve a level of orders to meet forecast sales or better.
You will have proven experience of dealing with external customers via telephone and face to face, CAD knowledge and experience, Commercial Engineering experience and or qualifications, Centrifugal Pump experience and water / Waste water knowledge advantageous.
- To undertake additional duties as required, commensurate with the level of the job.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- To receive enquiries either by telephone, e-mail, post or from sales representatives.
- Following enquiry obtain any clarifications as required to enable proposal to be prepared.
- To interpret Clients requirements or those of any specifications provided or generally applicable to a particular type of pump station & prepare a proposal including a quotation to provide the most balanced commercially advantageous / reliable solution.
- Manage own workload to ensure requested deadlines for proposals are met.
- To ensure Data Management Systems are maintained.
- To ensure Sales Director / Area Sales Manager are informed of any proposals prepared & any ongoing communications with potential Clients.
- To liaise with Clients & Suppliers.
- To use software packages to select pumps as available.
- To use Xylem in house design & quotation spreadsheets & formats ensuring latest revisions are used at all times.
- To provide feedback on competitors’ products & quotations when information becomes available.
In return the successful candidate will receive a competitive Salary, excellent bonus scheme and benefits, for more information please call Tom Mlinar on 01489 774010 or send a copy of your cv