Our client, a Tier 1 Contractor are looking for a Quantity Surveyor/Estimator to join them on the £124million pound Gatwick North Terminal Extension project.
“The successful applicant for this position, located at a UK airport, will be required to submit to a basic level criminal record check that shows no disqualifying unspent cautions or convictions.
You will perform general or discipline cost estimating, analysis, and control activities for project and/or proposal efforts in the Infrastructure heavy civil and/or rail businesses.
You will also perform historical data analysis and maintain historical databases. Support estimate reporting and reviews. Execute simultaneous tasks within broadly defined parameters.
To apply for this role, you will have;
- Demonstrated intermediate understanding of Estimating core processes requiring minimal direction and supervision.
- Knowledge of EPC estimating practices, methods/processes, and procedures in addition to the various estimate components, types and classifications.
- Basic knowledge of project controls concepts, practices, and procedures, specifically project schedules, work breakdown structure, and budgets.
- Experience in performing quantity takeoffs, statistical analysis, and report writing.
- Understanding technical processes, engineering drawings, quantity determinations, and financial records.
- Knowledge of construction methods and construction practices.
- Knowledge in the use of industry technology processes for executing work.
- Familiar with commercial terms and conditions (contractor relationships, currency exchange, taxation, inflation, insurance, escalation, etc.) and with market pricing in area of specialisation.
- Basic knowledge of financial report systems, cost account codes and understanding of cost control instructions that impact estimates.
You will also meet the below requirements;
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, construction management, business management or related field OR minimum of 5 years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Previous experience in the construction industry
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in Estimating or Project Controls
- Must demonstrate advanced level of expertise in the use of MS Word and MS Excel, typically acquired through multiple years of experience.
- Basic knowledge of scheduling software (Primavera, Microsoft Project).
- Knowledge of engineering and/or construction management
- The right to work and remain in the United Kingdom without sponsorship
Both permanent and freelance candidates will be considered for this position. If interested please email your CV for immediate consideration or call me on 01489 774010