Responsible Person Gas
£35-38k + £4500car allowance and excellent benefits
We are urgently looking for a Gas Responsible Person to join our client based near Wolverhampton.
Due to legislation by the Health and Safety Executive the MoD are now responsible for all their gas networks as a provider, which necessitated the appointment of suitably qualified responsible persons act on their behalf and manage their networks, maintenance and plant.
In addition to being responsible for the gas network side of the estate you will also prepare the relevant gas safety management plans for these networks, carry out and monitor all the plant room compliance on these sites which include visual inspections and preparation of the appropriate gas safety impact risk assessments, work closely with external contractors monitoring their continued compliance and have direct involvement on procurement, costs and quoting and associated compliance of risk assessments and method statements.
You will also supervise external contractors working on any part of the gas network and provide tool box talks and support to ensure the works are carried out to time and within HSE guidelines and the MoD’s budgets.
Another aspect of the role is to audit safe systems of working to ensure compliance and act in the role of ‘First Call Operative’ for the MoD in the event of a gas safety breach or incident and provide direct input in to the relevant Facilities Management hard task description documentation.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrable experience of managing and supervising staff in the appropriate disciplines
- Experience of supervisory management in a demanding construction/property
- maintenance environment
- Significant practical experience in construction/property maintenance
- Contract or site control
Training & Qualifications
- Ideally HNC level qualification in a building/civil engineering or electrical/mechanical engineering related discipline (or equivalent experiential experience subject to meeting the requirements of the Gas Safety Case)
- Technical qualifications & training including Commercial gas tickets: COCN1, CCLNG1, CODNCO1, COCCLNG, BMP1, CGFE1, CCP1, CDGA1, CIGA1, CORT1, ICAE1, CLE1, CMET1, CMET2, ICPN1, TPCP1
This is an unique opportunity to join a company who offer ongoing career development.