Highfield Professional Solutions are seeking two Revit MEP Coordinators for a forward thinking firm of consulting engineers that has been going since 1957. They design multi-million pound mechanical and electrical systems for all types of buildings, including laboratories, large residential, healthcare, universities, commercial and industrial buildings. The team combines a passion for engineering with a practical, pragmatic approach to deliver high quality and efficient solutions. We are focused on supplying Low Energy and sustainable solutions creating a better environment using the latest software and hardware.
Highfield Professional Solutions are seeking 2D or 3D experienced M&E CAD draughting engineers or co-ordinators to join an M&E team, producing 3D coordinated M&E services models and subsequent 2D construction drawings. Candidates applying must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience within the Building Services sector, specifically within M&E engineering and be fluent on AutoCAD – candidates with Revit knowledge would be advantageous. You must be able to work in the UK without restriction and you must hold a valid UK Driving License.
The ideal applicant should be confident, have good communication skills, be presentable and have excellent time management, being local is also advantageous. In addition, be a good team player, resourceful, ambitious and committed to forwarding their career.
- Collaborating with & supporting M&E designers
- Preparing CAD drawings and draughting of Engineer’s sketches
- Preparing drawing packages for issue to clients and external parties.
- Document control
- Communicating with clients and other industry professionals regularly
- Prepare and amend drawings in both Revit MEP & AutoCAD MEP CAD packages to meet the requirements of projects within time, specification, quality and objectives
- Follow established CAD standards in regard to layering, dimensioning, text annotations, and other aspects of CAD usage.
- Working with the Design Engineering team to discuss and develop designs.
- Changing and amending designs in-line with client, designer or engineers’ specifications and requirements.
- Knowledge and experience of REVIT 3D coordination of M&E systems (pipework, ventilation, containment, lighting, sprinkler & Plant) would be beneficial but is not a requirement
- 2 years minimum experience within Building Services
- Proven ability / experience of creating 2D construction issue drawings
- Proven ability / experience in reading Architectural, Structural and M&E drawings
And / Or
- Trade background. Electrician, Plumber, Fitter etc.
- Experience in detailed surveys of building structures, existing plant and installations.
Revit Duties (advantageous but not a necessity)
- To provide drawings and technical information related to the project and requirements of the clients
- Modelling and co-ordination of MEP services i.e. ductwork, pipework, cable tray etc. using REVIT MEP
- Create and amending families of Revit MEP Objects/tags/annotations.
- Create legends & schedules.
- Create templates for each discipline/sub-discipline.
- Helping other Revit users with any technical issues.
- Operate Revit MEP CAD/AutoCAD MEP packages and associated computer software.
Software that will be used as part of the role. Further training will be provided if the candidate is not experienced with these packages.
- Autodesk Navisworks
- Autodesk Fabrication CadMep
- AutoCad 2018
- Revit MEP.
- Revit VR
Contract, Start as soon as possible, with around 9 months work.
Rate circa £35-£40 per hour.
If you would like to discuss this position in more detail, please call George Harrison on 01489 774010 or alternatively email on