Senior BIM Technician
Highfield Professional Solutions are currently seeking a Senior BIM Technician to work for a large consultancy based in Central London, Blackfriars.
Our client are an award-winning, multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy with a creative team of engineers, designers, and technical specialists. They work on a variety of projects from High End residential to commercial, Education and Retail.
They are looking for a Senior BIM Technician to join their thriving CAD department.
The successful candidate will design and supervise projects designated by the BIM Manager. You will be employed to carry out detailed design and calculations in accordance with industry guides.
- Design, manage and supervise projects, establish client brief, technical requirements, scope of works, cost plans and agree deliverables, i.e. report, specifications and drawings scope for all projects with your Group Leader.
- Agree level of service, and project design duties with your Group Leader, for each project, understand relationship with fee.
- Assist Group Leader with monitoring engineering/CAD resource requirement for each project within your control.
- Carry out engineering concept design to detailed design, tender and contract on site supervision, to completion, ensuring projects are undertaken in accordance with design briefs and that completion deadlines area achieved.
- Liaise with the design team to produce co-ordinated designs that are technically compliant, to a consistent quality and standard. Provide positive contribution to design/project meetings. Maintain regular ‘in house’ design reviews and checks.
- Monitor and control project progress, design variations and project financial budgets.
- Monitor contract staff or third-party appointments.
- Maintain excellent client and design team relationships to achieve high levels of satisfaction and repeat business.
- Pursue new business opportunities where appropriate with existing and new clients.
- When acting as design team leader, co-ordinate with other project disciplines.
Skills & Requirements
- Excellent presentation and communication
- Ideally at least 5 years’ industry experience.
- Able to undertake computer modelling organise and direct the production of CAD drawings and correspond effectively with opposite numbers with other consultants.
- Skills in project managing on-going jobs with limited supervision are desirable.
- Experience in the same or similar position is desired.
- Competency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint.
- The ability to project a positive and professional attitude at all times.
- Educational qualifications to a degree level or equivalent are desired.
- Good knowledge and use of appropriate project and design analysis software.
- Personable and a ‘can do’ attitude with resource management experience.
- Able to establish rapport and good working relationships within the project team and Clients.
- Some leadership and people management skills and experience preferred.
- To be able to work as part as a team and collaboratively and co-operatively.
This position is offering a generous salary and package and fast-track progression structure.
For more information about this position, please call Jo Ireland at Highfield Professional Solutions on 01489 774 010, otherwise click apply now.