Contract Senior Electrical Design Engineer
Highfield Professional Solutions are currently looking to recruit a contract SENIOR ELECTRICAL DESIGN ENGINEER with at least five years’ experience in the Building Services sector.
37 hours per week.
We are looking for an individual with the ability to multi-task with excellent attention to detail. Working closely with Team Leaders to progress project design on multiple projects, producing schematics and engineering calculations within agreed timescales. Supporting the team with technical knowledge and assisting with AutoCAD design where needed. Assisting with team management where required. Sound knowledge of the Building Services Industry and able to communicate confidently with external contracts and clients through various forms.
Ideal candidates will be able to:
- Produce schematics, elevations, details etc. in AutoCAD in accordance with Team Leaders instructions and CAD standards.
- To show initiative to assist the Team Leader with management of the design and progress on the Team’s projects.
- To complete all calculations and understand the engineering principles behind the calculations.
- To have an understanding of the system being designed.
- Responsible for the primary checking of own work ensuring that it is in line with latest procedures, checklists and master drawings/CAD standards.
- Coordinate designs with other disciplines.
- Organise issue of produced information and file relevant PDF/DWGs of drawings / documents produced.
- Follow WDA drawing issue procedure, quality control procedure, including putting information through the QC process and the use of master drawings and checklists.
- To be familiar and keep up to date with British Standards, industry guides and approved documents etc.
- To have a wider understanding of project as a whole and an understanding of the fundamentals of other disciplines.
- To assist with other AutoCAD work when workload requires.
- To ensure the Health and Safety of self, customers and colleagues is not at risk, taking all reasonable steps to ensure safety in the workplace.
- Undertake any other duties which may reasonably be regarded as within the nature of the duties and responsibilities of the post as defined, subject to the proviso that normally any changes of a permanent nature shall be incorporated into the job description in specific terms.
- Personal style is reflected by the team and is seen to be:
- Likeable and well mannered.
- Trustworthy, enthusiastic and pro-active.
- Portraying a professional image to colleagues, senior employees and Clients in person and in all communications.
- Genuinely interested in self-development, working towards professional accreditation in a proactive manner
- Constantly maintaining an upmost level of confidentiality and discretion with all information pertaining to the business.
Contract – min 6 months’ work
If you are interested in discussing this position in more detail, please call Darryll Gibson on 01489 774010 or alternatively email on