Title: Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Salary: £55,000 – £60,000 p/a
Highfield Professional Solutions are recruiting for an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join our clients specialist Building Services Engineering Team based at their offices in Hertford.
Their client list includes Tottenham Hotspur football club, BSkyB, local authorities and the Ministry of Justice.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer duties include:
- Working as part of a design team delivering detailed mechanical building services design
- Undertaking detailed mechanical building services design calculations using a wide range of techniques, including manual hand calculations, Excel spreadsheets and use of industry standard software such as IES and Hevacomp.
- Producing feasibility reports, design specifications and drawings suitable for a wide range of design phases
- Undertake surveys on mechanical building services to advise on their suitability for continued use
- Liaising closely with other professionals, including structural engineers, architects, surveyors, and contractors of in-house and external project teams
- Working to deliver engineering solutions to client budgets and programmes
- Attending a range of project group and technical meetings
- Ensuring that the design and maintenance of building systems meets legislative and health and safety requirements
- Advising clients and architects on energy use and conservation in a range of buildings and sites, aiming to minimise the environmental impact and reduce the carbon footprint
- Designing site-specific equipment as required
- Overseeing and supervising the installation of building systems and specifying maintenance and operating procedures
- Using specialist computer-aided design (CAD) and BIM (Revit) software and other resources to design the systems required for the project
Experience and Qualifications:
- Ideally you will have an accredited Building Services / Mechanical Engineering degree. Minimum HND.
- 5+ years’ experience within a Building Services design role running projects from conception through to completion including calculations, drawings, specifications, etc
- Ideally already Chartered, or working towards Chartered Engineer status.
- Experience using AutoCAD and Revit.
- Experience using design software such as IES and Hevacomp
- Ideally hold a full UK driving license
- You will need to be an excellent communicator who can articulate complicated issues between our clients and our highly skilled project teams.
- You will also need to show ambition and a willingness to learn whilst demonstrating a high-level diligence and organisational skills.
Our clients invest heavily in their biggest assets – their people. Our client actively challenge and continuously improve their performance by investing in the training and development of the people.
And as you will find out from day one in your new career, you will be handsomely rewarded:
- A minimum of 22 days holiday per year and for every 2 years you work for our client you get an extra day. The maximum holiday you can receive from them is 27 days. You are also given 2 ‘client days’ to help you maintain balance between your home and work life, for example to attend a child’s sports day.
- Childcare vouchers -If you are a parent or guardian of a child under 16, you can use these vouchers to pay for registered childcare arrangements and you could make significant savings in tax and National Insurance.
- Private Medical – Get the peace of mind that you can access high quality medical care when you need it, with minimal delay. Our client pays for cover for you and you can pay to extend cover to your family.
- Dental insurance – Whether you use a private, NHS or Denplan dentist, this benefit helps towards the cost of dental care. You choose and pay for the level of cover you need with the option to extend cover to your family.
- Pension: Group Personal Pension Plan, Group Income Protection (GIP), Group Life Insurance
- Cycle to Work- If you want to cycle to work you can save on the cost of a new bike and spread the cost over 12 months.
- Client Rewards – This benefit gives you access to discounts from a specially selected range of over 1,200 retailers
For further information or to apply please contact Natasha Ward (Specialist MEP Recruitment Consultant) at Highfield Professional Solutions on 01489774010 or [email protected]