Job Title: Senior Quantity Surveyor
Location: East Finchley
I am currently recruiting for one of the largest and most successful privately owned construction groups in the UK. Having secured a number of projects, this contractor undertakes work within the residential, commercial, distribution, education, health, industrial, leisure, mixed use and retail sectors.
Due to continued growth, they are looking for a Project Quantity Surveyor to join a new build Care Home project in East Finchley.
Typical duties will include:
- Preparing detailed cost plans;
- Performing risk and value management and cost control;
- Advising on procurement strategy;
- Preparing tender and contracts documents, including bills of quantities;
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks;
- Preparing and analysing costings for tenders;
- Establishing and operating cost and financial control systems;
- Certifying progress claims and payments to contractors against work completed
- Negotiating to ensure budgets are not exceeded;
- Maintain contemporaneous accurate records;
- Valuing completed work and compiling application for payment;
- Monthly cost and value reports;
- Project cost and programme forecasts;
- BSc (Hons) in Quantity Surveying (preferred)
- 10 years’ experience with a Blue Chip contractor
- Portfolio of complete fit out and heath care projects
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisation skills.
- Confident in problem solving, decision making and able to work under pressure.
- A pro-active team player.
- Ability to manage Assistant Quantity Surveyor onsite.
- Competitive Salary
- Company Car or Car Allowance
- 25 days holiday per year
- Membership of group personal pension scheme
To apply or for further information please contact Kathleen Lyons – 01489 774010 –
*** Please get in touch to recommend anyone who may be interested in this position. We pay £250 for any successful referrals.***