You will be joining one of the leading FM organisations that oversees a major MOD contract across the UK. This company has recently received a long-term extension and increase in awarded works. Therefore they are expanding across the UK.
Do you have experience in quantity surveying with commercial experience in construction or property maintenance? Our client seeking to appoint a Senior Quantity Surveyor on a fixed term contract to join our team in East Anglia and support the Regional and Area teams with regards commercial performance, resource and stakeholder management.
* Ensure NEC3 contract processes and procedures are adhered to at all times, advising and supporting as required
* Attend Risk Meetings, review risk registers and follow risk management processes
* Identify business priorities and to plan work effectively, by building controls and milestones into plans and programmes
* Support Service Delivery and Additional Services to incorporate sustainable solutions and support the Sustainability programme incorporating the reduction of the carbon footprint and the reduction of utility consumption across the MoD estate
* Comply with business policy and procedures, supporting continual improvement
* Deliver Change Management in accordance with NEC3 Term Service Contract ensuring timescales are met by all relevant stakeholders
* Management and resolution of queries submitted by Supply Chain regarding Core Services pricing
* Maintain commercial control to ensure planned milestone payments are achieved, final accounts are closed to meet the business targets
* Monitor and review Supply Chain performance
* Manage supplier payments in line with contractual and company policy
* Assist in the development and implementation of commercial risk management procedures
Could this be for you?
Do you have experience in the following:
* Commercial QS experience in construction, property maintenance or related field including:
* Developing cost models
* Risk Analysis & Management
* Preparation of work proposals/tenders
* Dispute resolution
* Excellent working knowledge of commercial processes
* Strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
* Qualified to HND/Foundation Degree level in Quantity Surveying or significant equivalent experience to include; any job related experience providing the necessary knowledge, skill and abilities to be able to perform the function of the position of SQS
* Experience in the commercial element of facilities management and/or commercial construction/refurbishments, either of large projects (£500k to £3m) or many smaller projects (£20k to £500k) running concurrently works experience duration in the FM / Construction sector to be not less than 5 years, unless specific MOD experience exists, in which case 4 year minimum.
* £55-57k + car and package
* Government funded defence contract
* Excellent long term career prospects