Senior Quantity Surveyor – Rail
My client are currently looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor reporting to the Commercial Team Leader. Working as part of a small team supporting others and reporting on the status of projects for which they are responsible.
To fulfil the role of Senior Quantity Surveyor;
- Performing the commercial function (e.g. reporting, cost control etc) as part of the Project Delivery Team, providing support across a portfolio of projects and to team members.
- Managing projects, predominantly in the rail sector, where the company are working for a Contractor Client. Projects ranging in value from £50K to £5m.
- The Commercial team is growing in line with business expansion which should allow for career progression.
- Excellent contract awareness – will be required to work with various standard forms of contract and bespoke agreements;
- Minimum 7 years post qualification. Preferably some experience working for design consultancy.
- Quantity Surveying, Commercial Manager or similar construction related degree. Ideally MRICS or working towards
- Maintain and demonstrate Continuous Professional Development (CPD);
- To work on a portfolio of projects, predominantly Rail related however to include others across a range of sectors (e.g. Energy, Aviation, Security and Defence).
- A ‘Team Player’ working with others in the Commercial department and as part of a Project Delivery Team
- Client facing and maintain good relationship with commercial counterpart on each project
- Manage direct reports including holding regular 1:1s, review work where necessary offering professional support and advice and supporting resource allocation.
We also have a QS role available with the same client.
If interested in this opportunity, please email a copy of your CV or call me on 01489 774010 for more details