Senior Bridge Engineer
We are currently recruiting for a Principal & Senior Bridge Engineer to join our clients busy and expanding Bridges team in their Cardiff office.
You will be working on a number of major transport schemes and long term frameworks including;
CORMAC – providing numerous transportation services including bridges to Cornwall County Council; schemes include bridge replacement, bridge refurbishments and structures remediation.
Network Rail Western Works Delivery – remediation works to Network Rail’s structural assets and bridge replacement and bridge refurbishment works, R
South Gloucestershire Professional Services Framework – undertaking structures examinations, assessments, investigations and remedial works to numerous highways structures.
Civils Assessment Framework Agreement (CAFA) – undertaking Level 1 (grillage) & Level 2 (finite element) assessments of overbridges, footbridges and underbridges to a multitude of structural materials and structure forms.
SWTRA (South Wales Trunk Road Agent) – engineering support services within the ‘Central’ section.
You and your team will provide design, assessment, inspection, repair / remediation, construction support and management services on a wide range of transport infrastructure projects.
As a Principal/Senior Bridge Engineer, you will have the following daily responsibilities:
* Act as a technical lead for the delivery of highway or railway end market projects.
* Lead, line manage and develop a delivery focused team of Engineers and Technicians.
* Act as Supervising Civil Engineer (SCE) to trainees working towards Chartership.
* Secure and deliver works to new and existing clients.
* Project management of schemes including: client reporting, programming, resource planning and commercial management.
* Extensive experience with bridge inspection, assessment and design schemes.
* Proven project management experience delivering to quality, time and budget.
* Extensive experience in road and/or rail projects in the UK.
* Previous exposure with clients including: national and local authorities and/or Network Rail and ideally Principal Contractors.
* Proven ability to manage staff and project Health and Safety responsibilities including compliance with CDM legislation.
* Strong ability in various software packages ideally including LUSAS and MIDAS, with strong experience in Finite Element Analysis preferred.
A competitive salary and benefits package is on offer, as well as the opportunity to develop into an Associate Director role.
Interviews are being held before Christmas. If interested, please email your CV or call me on 01489 774010 to discuss