Role: Service Engineer (Waste Water)
Highfield Professional Solutions are working on behalf of a leading water and environmental company to bring on board a service engineer to cover the Bath/Bristol region.
The Service Engineer is a very responsible customer facing role that requires a great deal of communication and technical ability as well as a sound understanding of customer care and the systems operated by the company to perform the role. The Service Engineer is responsible for the safe and timely delivery of work allocated to them and reporting back as directed by company procedures that work has been completed satisfactorily and to the satisfaction of the customer and the company.
You will mainly be working on pumping stations and water treatment works which include waste water. You will be working on submersible equipment, pumps, valves and control panels.
Daily duties will include but not limited too –
- Service, maintain, repair and commission a range of sewage treatment plant and pumping stations. 70% mechanical, 30% electrical
- Obtain tasks using PDA software as provided and trained to use;
- Report in line with procedures both verbally to the scheduling team and using aforementioned software
- Advise line manager and scheduling department immediately if you will have a problem getting to a job allocated to ensure customer is informed and advise why this event has occurred.
- Carry out a visual risk assessment on each job as required and raise any concerns with line manager;
- Provide feedback on parts used in line with procedures to complete a task ensuring at all times parts are prepaid when dealing with an end-user;
- Carry out monthly stock takes on van stock or stock stored at lockups;
- Carry out on-the-job training as directed by your line manager and partake in personal training courses as required
- Liaise with customer on site as required and keep them abreast of any issues/updates on their expectations and seek office involvement where additional unforeseen costs will require paid for;
- Vans will be tracked for health & safety and customer verification purposes and you will be provided with a SATNAV system to ensure you take the most efficient routes between jobs.
- Report and carry out any other requests required of your line manager as may arise in the normal course of business.
- To recognise further sales opportunities while on site and report back to the account management team.
- To be able to work away from home for short periods each month.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working within the waste water environment as well as being familiar with health and safety procedures. You will also be…
- Must be Physically fit and able as, lifting/carrying and some lengthy driving – A medical may be requested.
- Capable of working alone to a high standard.
- Qualifications in mechanical & electrical disciplines.
- IT literate especially on MS products and preferably in use of a PDA reporting system or service-based reporting package.
- Proven ability to fault find in a range of demanding environments.
- Previous history either as a service engineer or in the frontline delivery of customer service.
For further information, please call Helen Lee on 01489 774010 or email your CV