South East London & Kent
Up to £40,000 Per annum depending on references
Our client is a leading contractor that works across the Water, Rail and Civil Sectors, they are seeking a SHE Advisor to work on a number of Water projects across London and the South East. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing advice, assistance and guidance to operations with regards to the management of health, safety and environmental issues.
The successful candidate will ideally be NEBOSH qualified or NVQ Level 5 Diploma in Occupational H&S and hold a full clean UK driving license, it is desirable but not essential that you hold a valid CSCS, EURS Nation Water Hygiene certification and a city & guild in confined spaces.
As the SHE Advisor the successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring compliance with company H&S policies, procedures and legislation. Be familiar with, and demonstrate commitment to, the requirements of the Health & Safety and Environmental policies.
Day to day duties will include but not be limited to monitor operational teams via site safety inspections and management audits to determine whether work is being carried out in accordance with Company policy, procedures and relevant statutory legislation. Stopping work at any time where compliance with health, safety or environmental legislation is in question and implement corrective action before leaving site where at all possible.
* Undertake internal audits and produce reports based on findings.
* Carry out procurement and yard/depot audits for our subcontractors in line with statement of requirements.
* Attend monthly 1-1 meetings with suppliers/subcontractors.
* Carry out incident investigations ensuring that investigations produced are of sufficient quality and completed within prescribed timescales complying with 2, 2 and 2 reporting process. Produce reports based on the findings with relevant recommendations highlighted for Management.
* Produce and deliver toolbox talks, monthly focuses and appropriate H&S training materials about health and safety issues and risks.
* Carry out inductions, D&A testing and other training as required.
* Assist with updating and further developing the Health, Safety and Environmental management systems
Other responsibilities will include liaising with external bodies including the Health and Safety Executive, Clients and other stakeholders as directed by the SHE Manager ,arrange and facilitate employee H&S committee meetings and safety stand downs as appropriate.
* Attend, support and represent H&S at operational meetings.
* Support with the cascading of relevant H&S information and updates.
* Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of legislation and any developments that affect the industry.
* Produce reports on work/projects/activities carried out.
* Act as a role model at all times in support of the company’s vision, priorities and values.
* Carry out any other duties appropriate for the role.
To apply for this position please call Tom Mlinar on 01489 774010 or send your cv