Shift Technician (Data Centre)
About the role
You could become part of a major service provider looking after a top of the line Data Centre in central London. The role will be on the one main site based not far from Canary Wharf. You will be required to work as part of a Continental Shift Pattern (06:30-18:30 & 18:30-06:30) and rotared on for 42 hours a week.
We are looking for someone with a detailed understanding of Critical Facilities/Data Centre infrastructure (Electrical and Mechanical). As a key member of the engineering shift teams, you will responsible for the inspection, operation and maintenance of all associated assets within the Data Centre, with a primary focus on relevant electrical asset maintenance (Planned, Reactive and Corrective). You will also be expected to work towards being a HV Authorised Person for the site and will actively contribute to the successful delivery of all critical works.
Essential qualifications relevant to the role:
- Experience in facilities, operations or engineering; in a Datacentre critical environment.
- LV and HV switching experience (training on the HV side can be provided if necessary).
- Demonstrable experience in operating and fault finding complex and integrated M&E systems including (Transformers, LV, Generators, UPS, Electrical distribution, BMS, Air Conditioning, Fire suppression systems)
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Good understanding through experience of how Data Centre’s (or other relevant critical facilities) operate
- Willingness to learn new practices and processes
- To possess a clean full UK driving licence
In return for these skills, there is a generous and highly competitive remuneration package on offer including basic salary, holiday package, pension commitment and other company wide benefits.
If interested in the role please contact Ben Palmer at Highfield Professional Solutions on 01489774010 or alternatively send your CV through to [email protected]