Supervising Quality Inspector – Pumps
Up to £33,000 Per annum
Highfield Professional Solutions are seek a Supervising Quality Inspector to join a manufacturing company based in Southampton, reporting to the Director of Engineering and working closely with Production and Design Teams, this role will manage and ensure timely and effective inspection of purchased parts and will review, suggest and implement streamline inspection working practices. It is essential that goods received from suppliers meet the criteria of the purchase order and are compliant in all respects.
The ideal candidate will have a formal Technical Engineering degree / Craft apprenticeship or Engineering equivalent, knowledge of hand held measuring equipment, knowledge of lean manufacturing and implementation, work within a KPI driven environment to ensure lead times are met and excellent communications skills- ability to communicate at all levels.
As a Quality Inspector you will be responsible for –
- Building and maintaining relationships with internal stakeholders to ensure cohesive working practices.
- To plan, monitor and manage the daily priorities of the Inspection offering to include the direction and supervision of other Quality inspectors.
- To work with the Engineering Director to deliver on projects to improve inspection.
- To attend relevant business unit meetings.
- To produce accurate and timely reporting on inspections achieved against projected work levels.
- To ensure that all components received adhere to specification and are of a suitable quality and to work closely with purchasing department.
- To inspect finished pump sets against customer order, drawing and/or verbal instructions ensuring that a suitable quality standard is achieved prior to despatch.
- To ensure non-conforming components are quarantined and suppliers are liaised with for non-conformance issues.
- To ensure on time calibration of relevant equipment and to maintain relevant records.
- Promote the development of lean techniques throughout the team and supply base.
For more information or to apply for this position please call Tom Mlinar on 01489 774010 or send your cv to [email protected]