Safety System Engineer – £450-£500 per day
My client are actively seeking a Safety System Engineering Expert to work with them on the Great Western Route Modernisation (GWRM) Programme.
The role is to define and support the application of Systems Engineering practice across the GWRM programme and align this with the practice deployed within Interfacing Projects and Programme Organisations within the Infrastructure Project in Western & Wales region.
You should be capable of discharging the following duties:
* Lead the capture and identification of hazards (hazard log) and develop the system safety requirements within their assigned GRWM functional, geographic and / or discipline area in accordance with the requirements of CSM legislation.
* Demonstrate detailed understanding of the system safety requirements within the relevant area to provide insight into the context and rationale of the project system safety outputs during any specific risk assessment or verification and validation activities required
* Produce system safety requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language to enable them to be simply, clearly, unambiguously, and concisely understood by all parties.
* Faciltate or Lead system safety verification workstreams (HAZIDs, RA), analysing the required outputs and checking any submitting verification evidence, ensuring that system safety closure statements are complete and align with the requirments of the System safey plan and are, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable, and that they conform to standards.
* Produce and update a concise Hazard log for the project area under their responsibility
* Identify gaps and conflicts, and write system safety compliance reports.
* Manage traceability information and track and report upon hazard record status throughout the project.
* Establish and implement effective system safety best practices.
* Support the continuous development of the organization’s system safety policies, procedures, and tools.
* Assist the project in engaging with the System Safety notified bodies ( AsBo, NoBo, DeBo)
This role is due to start Monday 23rd July and run for 6 months.
Rate £450-500 DOE
Please email your CV for immediate consideration