Technical Sales Engineer,
Bracknell, near Reading
Up to £30,000 Per annum plus Car
Our client is a specialist pump manufacturer and hire company with global coverage, they are currently seeking a Technical Sales Engineer to work from their offices based in Bracknell, near Reading. The company were found over 60 years ago and continues to be an innovative business responding to meet the needs of our clients with cutting edge approaches to customer service, product development, manufacture and service.
As a Technical Sales Engineer, you will be responsible for promoting and developing profitable pump hire revenues by visiting sites and regional offices of specific customers building meaningful local relationships. The Sales representative will identify and maximise revenue streams from key projects within the region whilst ensuring clients receive a seamless and professional approach promoting the utilisation of the best technical solutions to their pumping requirements.
To apply for this position the successful candidate will need to have a proven track record in sales, and understanding or experience of the pump hire industry, be driven individual with a passion and drive to exceed targets and have strong communication and negotiation skills.
* Establish and develop client interfaces, nurturing relationships and gaining trust and confidence in you, our products and our Company.
* To support, manage and maintain the Company’s 24/7 service offering as is reasonably practicable.
* Develop a sound understanding of the customer’s industry sector, their systems and processes
* To understand, manage and monitor existing clients spends, utilising depot prod turns in conjunctions with the branch manager and hire manager / controller.
* Attend customer meetings at as early a stage as practicable to ensure a thorough understanding of their projects and to work with them to identify potential solutions.
* Continually seek out related business and identify sustainable business opportunities for the future
* Work closely with the customer’s internal teams, to ensure a combined effort to achieve the best solutions and outcomes.
* Project manages all solutions from inception to completion, including technical aspects, installation, financial and management.
* Attend client review meetings where applicable.
* Produce reports for customers as and when required.
* Produce account management and ad-hoc reports for Business Development Directors and Sales Director as and when required.
* In time you may be required to deliver presentations to customers to promote our range of products and services.
* To manage and devise necessary quotations.
* Ensure agreed customer KPI’s are met to the customer’s complete satisfaction.
Delivery of Technical Solutions
* Ensure the customer understands the various technical solutions and associated outcomes, helping them to determine what service/product is required.
* Maximise in house expertise wherever possible.
* Design temporary pump hire solutions and identify resources required.
* Carry out site surveys and produce risk assessments and method statements considering all technical and operational aspects whilst liaising with the customer’s quality and safety representatives at all times.
* Produce Job Prices (utilising the Plant Hire System), in a timely manner for the supply and installation of pumping equipment offering the customer the most suitable and economical pump hire packages.
For more information or to apply for this position please call Tom Mlinar on 01489 774010 or send a copy of your cv to [email protected]