Assistant Project Manager – Rail
My client is a company of Specialist Surveyors specialising in Underground Mapping and Surveying.
Due to an increased workload within the Rail/Civil Sector, they have a newly created opportunity available for a Trainee/Assistant PM to support them.
In Liaison with Project Manager/Senior Project Managers
- Ensuring all projects are delivered on time, to budget and to the agreed quality, working through the project life cycle. Making sure that all the aims of the project are met.
- Weekly report management and project tracking.
- Providing advice on the management of projects.
- Carrying out risk assessments and creating Method Statements and Workpacks.
- Using IT systems to keep track of people and progress.
- Overseeing the accounting, costing and billing.
- Define the scope of the project in collaboration with senior management.
- Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc.) required to complete the project.
- Review the project schedule with senior management
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis
- Write reports on the project for management and for funders.
- Communicate with funders as outlined in funding agreements.
- Monitor cash flow projections and report actual cash flow and variance
- Prepare financial reports and supporting documentation
- Undertake site inspections
- Carry out PPE Checks.
- Carrying out risk assessments and considering how risks could be reduced.
- University Degree. preferably a degree in Surveying, Civil Engineering or Project Management.
- Effective time management and can meet key deadlines.
- Commercial awareness.
- Solid technical background.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
The ideal candidate will have a strong focus on a high level of service, with a professional approach, determination and ambition.
If interested in this opportunity, please call the rail team on 01489 774 010