Water Treatment Technician
South East M25 / M3 / M4 areas
Salary on application
Highfield Professional Solutions are working a leading Water Treatment company who provide complete solutions across the water treatment industry. Innovating in key areas such as sustainable development, resource and by-product recovery, our differentiating water treatment processes enable us to offer solutions suited to every application. We are experts in water.
The water treatment chemicals services platform from our client provides speciality and general water treatment chemical conditioning services and equipment primarily for industrial clients. The Water Treatment Chemical team has a great reputation across the industry with excellent growth prospects, so this is an amazing opportunity to join this team to grow the business further and make a real difference.
The successful candidate will be working in a field based role, and you will be required to travel to client sites across the South East and South coast of the UK or as required, depending on your work schedule. You will ideally be based around the South East M25 / M3 / M4 areas.
As a Water Treatment Technician you will be required to give our customers the best in class quality service. You will provide on-site corrective/preventative maintenance and offer after-sales technical and commercial support to existing water treatment chemical customers.
- Sample collection and analysis of Cooling and Boiler water, Closed systems and Chlorine Dioxide and the monitoring of Domestic water systems with the necessary water sampling in line with ACoP/ HSG activities.
- Implementing, managing and monitoring water treatment programmes for commercial and industrial water systems. Commission new dosing / control installations.
- Provide Legionella control recommendations to ensure customers remain compliant with the latest guidance from HSG 1-3 / ACoP L8.
- Maintaining customer records in site log books. Cooling Tower log books are especially important.
- Collation of site information and company documentation for conducting on site Customer reviews.
- The completion of risk assessments, work reports and all other documentation in a timely manner.
The ideal candidate will either currently be working as a water treatment engineer / account manager and possess a demonstrable amount of experience in industrial cooling water, boiler water and other water process systems, you will need to be qualified to a minimum of a HNC or degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering or Chemistry qualification or similar or qualified by experience. A very good knowledge of guidance documents HSG274 parts 1-3, ACoP L8 and BS2486. Applicants do not need experience in all areas but must be comfortable with a test kit and analysis procedures. High pressure boiler experience is desirable but not necessary.
For more information or to apply for this role please contact Tom Mlinar on 01489 774010 or send your cv