Up to £33,000 Per annum depending on references
Our client is a National provider within the Pump and Plant industry and is one of the largest privately owned companies serving the Water, Environmental and Construction sectors.
As a business our client has an extensive Plant fleet available for hire or sale from their network of regional offices across England and Wales. Their team is an un rivalled depth of technical knowledge and are proud to deliver world class customer service and plant hire solutions.
Their Plant Equipment includes but is not limited to a range of excavators, dumpers, telehandlers, rollers and compressors.
The Workshop Manager will be based in Southampton and will be responsible for carrying out Plant Maintenance (as required) and for ensuring the promotion of and compliance with Health and Safety. The Workshop Manager will be responsible for all workshop based staff.
The successful candidate will need to be qualified to a minimum of NVQ Level 3 in Plant Maintenance or equivalent, ideally have a CITB National Construction College Certificate in Test and Inspection (includes the Thorough Examination of Plant) and will and have a working knowledge & understanding of the LOLER regulations.
Your day to day duties will include but not be limited to
- To set a professional example of good workmanship, management, discipline and ensure that all Company property and equipment is maintained to the required Company and manufacturers standard to prevent any accident or injury to any person or damage to Company property.
- Have open communication with the Branch Manager with regards to material expenditure.
- To procure parts and spares where necessary to make sure equipment is available to hire as soon as possible within the approved authority limits
- Ensure clear, open and effective working relationships and channels of communication are maintained.
Suggest improvements to work methods, systems, procedures and equipment that is likely to reduce waste and cost and ensure the implementation of those improvements when approved.
- Ensure that all the necessary administration and records required for the control of work within the department is accurately completed and submitted to the Branch Manager in a timely manner.
- Maintain records, returns and other administration in line with Company procedures and guidelines.
- To accept in an emergency after hour telephone calls so as to maintain twenty-four-hour cover when required.
- Supervise, monitor-approved workshops training programmes for staff as necessary.
- Assist with the continuous training and development and performance of all workshop staff.
- To be responsible for the performance quality and standard of work produced by all workshop staff.
- With the Branch Managers involvement select, interview, evaluate and employ any additional or replacement workshop staff.
In return the successful candidate can expect a salary up to £33,000 per annum plus excellent benefits. For more information please call Tom Mlinar on 01489 774010 or send a copy of your cv